Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Down the Shore

We arrived at the Jersey shore late Sunday night and woke up to humid breezes and the smell of salt and ocean in the air.  Ah, vacation.....

In the past 24 hours some essential shore "bases" have been covered. 
I've been to the beach twice and swam in the ocean both times.   I love floating on the surface of the waves and diving under a wave as it crashes over me.

We went to Mike's Seafood in Sea Isle City and I ordered a beautiful and tasty stuffed Maine lobster.  It was stuffed with fresh crab claw meat.  What a treat!   Oh, and I can't forget that I started the meal with raw oysters on the half shell.  Yum.

My sister in law and I treated ourselves to some fashion and celebrity magazines... a fun vacation indulgence. 

I brought my sketch book and watercolors and began sketching at the beach earlier today.  Wow!  I have time to sketch, doodle, paint and practice making art!  It looks like it may be a productive vacation too!  I'll keep you posted.  For now, here are a few photographs of the beach before all the people arrived later in the morning.

1 comment: