Monday, February 7, 2011

Sketchbook Sunday #2



In keeping with my goal to publish posts from my sketchbooks on Sunday... here are two recent pen, ink and watercolor sketches made in January.  

Yes, it is Monday but I can pretend it is Sunday, right?  The weekend got away from me and this amazing winter weather we are having here in New England is making time flow in it's own particular way.  So for these moments, before I head off to bed, I can steal away on the computer with my blog and imagine it's Sunday.

This winter I continue to be fascinated with imagery of openings...doorways opening and beckoning, light streaming through clouds in the sky,  a river covered with layers of snow and ice occasionally opening to show the dark, cold, fast moving current beneath the still, sparkly, crust of white on top.

These doorways draw me to their threshold, through to another room, another idea, another experience, another creative thread, another moment.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly,
    It is good to meet you and thank you very much for your kind comments on my blog! :-)
    I have seen the old movie 'The Red Shoes'. I watched it years ago when I was a kid and I thought it was a magical film.
    Anyway, welcome to blogging. I see you are quite new here. It is always good to meet new artists! Your sketchbook has some lovely free flowing drawings.
    It sounds like you are still having wintry weather where you are. I think spring has arrived here in the UK. The sun is shining today!
    Best wishes,
    Jo.

    ReplyDelete