Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Folk Flower

So many warm and sunny days have spent their time with us this April. I can't say that I've minded although I was beginning to worry after days and days without rain. Thanks to the rain gods, the rain did come this past weekend and have visited us here and there every day since. Things are greening up again and look well hydrated. It goes to show how important balance is.

I'm about ready to wrap up my series of folk flower paintings and send them to the press to be made into cards. Here's a new one! It may be my personal favorite so far...most likely because of the color palette.  I have a soft spot for turquoise and think these colors play off that color background well. I hope to post two more finished designs later this week so stop by again if you are interested to see them!

I'll leave you with a photograph of twilight through our trees that was taken last week on a balmy evening. I never tire of looking at the dark silhouette of trees against the colored sky painted by the setting sun.



9 comments:

  1. Very nice. And I love turquoise, too. :-)

    I bought some, in Krakow, of all places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danusha. Do you enjoy wearing your turquoise and thinking of Krakow? I bought an amber necklace there last summer and wear it often. I makes me feel a connection with that place even while I'm thousands of miles away.

      Delete
  2. We have a similar view from our front window, it never bores me either, beautiful, your card too, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love seeing the views around your house and garden on your blog. It looks like you live in a magical place. I'm happy you enjoyed looking at the photo and new design :-).

      Delete
  3. I love this, the colours are glorious and playful......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gypsy Girl! Color is one of the very important things in my life and brings much happiness. Happy to hear you like this new design. Hope you are well.

      Delete
  4. your art, painting and photo, are folk art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kim! Can't wait to see you up there soon, and your art both living and on paper...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your color choices are perfect for spring, fashion trends and classic great design. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete