Wednesday, June 6, 2012

All was Fair at the Fair

It was a beautiful, sunny day for the Hilltown Spring Festival on a lovely Saturday in May a few weeks ago. After a winter of work in the studio and two weeks of gathering all the pieces together for my merchandise and table it was a nice to just sit by my wares and know that I pulled my offerings together in a good way to share with an audience and potential buyers. I saw friends and also made some new connections as the day flowed by. I was hoping to have photographs to share of the fair grounds, other activities and basically of the shebang but honestly, I only left the barn where my table was located to use the restroom or to buy a snack, well actually, snacks.  A friend who had a table nearby seemed to take an interest and get a kick out of the collection of snacks I purchased, collected and ate throughout the day. Ah...the joys of pregnancy and eating for two!  I made sure to have kettle corn, Vietnamese beef jerky and sticky rice, and a nice big cup of local ice cream! Oh, and my friend brought over an oatmeal raisin cookie for me which of course I was happy to munch on.

I received pieces of positive feedback about my work and style which was very nice to hear. This energy is charging my batteries for the next push, flurry of activity which will be to list all the new items on my Esty store, make connections with more local stores and begin researching more about my options and finding more opportunities to share and sell my work.

Well my hopes are to accomplish this all but as I write another reality is sapping the juice out of my batteries. My energy reserves seem to be flowing directly to the little person who has taken up residence in my belly. And I'm happy about this.  I only have a month to go until our baby arrives into our arms so the energy is going to a very important and good thing,  towards healthy growth, fat and development for the baby.

I'm happy to finally share with you some news about the festival that happened last month and also share the reality that I'm slowing down...for now.
.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kimberly, your table looks wonderful(and so do you)
    you can be proud at the beauty you created and very soon (only a month? time flies!) there will be another super beauty in your life.
    You slow down for a very good reason dear, take care, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool beans... (and warm baby belly!)

    ReplyDelete