Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hope and Olive

I'm in food mode so I have a feeling that the next couple of posts will highlight some great eating experiences.

Last night my friend and I had a date...just the two of us.  We decided to do it right and treat ourselves to something really good and so adult.  I picked her up and we headed over to Hope and Olive in Greenfield, MA.



The place was bustling!  We couldn't even sit at the bar while we waited for our table.  Luckily the place is so well designed and thought out that we were able to sit on a bench at a table near the entrance and watch all of the action.  There are many nooks and crannies to settle in with a date or group of friends:  alcoves with couches, bar tables, booths behind the bar, and the bench and table near the entrance where we waited.  

It wasn't long until a server found us and took our drink orders.  Their cocktail menu is AMAZING.  I had a martini that I can't stop thinking about...  Gin, fresh squeezed orange juice, amaretto with an orange peel garnish.  It was perfect.  My friend's Patron margarita was perfect too.  We were off to a great start.

After we got to our table we decided to order right and not skip any courses.  We had Creole Shrimp and Grits as an appetizer, I had the Wild Salmon served over Fresh Cut French Fries with Garlic Aioli and a Beet, Mesculin Salad.  My friend had the Spanish Seafood Stew served over Rice and Saffron-buttered Toast.   We shared.  Our excellent server offered us a little wine tasting so we could pick a good wine to go with our dinners.  For dessert we had the Creamsicle Cheesecake and two Espresso's with a twist of lemon peel.  What a treat!

I have to say the service and atmosphere here are pretty near perfect. Hope and Olive offers an  eclectic drink and food menu and they really pride themselves in choosing local ingredients and goods from area farms and food producers.    There's nothing like local, high quality food, service and atmosphere.  This is something I can really get behind!

I plan on making Hope and Olive a regular destination this summer for cocktails and other goodies.  If you're in Greenfield, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment